Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Change

I logged into my blogger yesterday and noticed how I always had picture of Yuki Nagato as my display image. A rare expression on her.
Anyhow, I thought I should change it. Since every website is different and what it has to offer is different and because I almost detest the idea of having my own picture on blogger and because I fancy "no one knows who I really am" on blogger and most of all because I am after all a design student, I thought "what the heck, let's make one!"

Case No. 1: By how the ideals go, less is more. I came up with this:
Photoshop with basic shapes
and  my latest, most favourite font,
Walkway Ultrabold


Case No. 2: Because I am my own fail inspiration, I like to draw myself and because I changed my hair last month and now have a D-fringe (I am not sure if that is what it is called - shame! I study in a fashion college), I thought "what the heck, let's try drawing that hideous face with epic hair and new glasses."
Keeping the loony expression of Yuki Nagato (current display image) and my ultra volatile personality (strictly over blogger) in mind, here's what I came up with:

(Watercolour on fail (print) paper)

Case No. 3: Or maybe just a picture of my new glasses (bigger and better in strong contrast to less is more, Case No.1)


I don't click good pictures even with an object
that doesn't move and a camera that's called Nikon d5100.
Maybe, it's the lens (15-55mm VR)

So, you guys can go ahead and tell me which one you'd prefer. No. 1, 2 or 3? 

Obviously, I am not going to take your feelings into account before changing the picture. It's just a game I wanted play.
Cha!

6 comments:

  1. 2. It is awesome. 'Grudgingly admits '

    And I shall never comment again , if you don't remove that word verification thingy. IT IS A PAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOT 2!

    (Nanga Fakir)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hie, new here so wanted to start of with this.
    Really difficult to decide between No.1 and 2.
    But i would go with No.2 $(^_^)$...
    @photogenic Devil...
    Chill, its no big deal. njoy the blog its just awesome..
    And also a matter of fact by typing those letters you are helping digitizing a book. ciao O.o

    ReplyDelete
  5. It pains me to admit I never intended on using no.2 as my display image although it is the obvious choice. Maybe that's the real reason why I have chosen not to go for it.
    No. 3 sucks. And that's a fact.
    *sigh* Nothing good came out of all this.

    @Vegetajgd: Welcome!
    @Photogenic Devil: I don't think I can do much about it. It's a default setting. Oh, and thanks!
    @NF: I understand. The bold letters and exclamation is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. photography basics teach you to read faces. ur current display pic and serial no 2 of potentials DO NOT have the same expressions. SR2 looks like an awkward, painted-on smile while nagato's smile is actually looney! more to do with eyebrow positioning and undereye squints.
    SR2 just dosent say 'the loonatic is in my head'

    I prefer SR3 with the glasses. clean, crisp, undistracted, sober image getting the pseudo-intellectual awe-ra across. but if u believe you have an ''ultra volatile personality (strictly over blogger)'' go with the first one.

    ReplyDelete