Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The L Factor and the Story of Being Officially Elled..!


We all hail the greatness of the F word but very few know the effness of the L word..!


It was only yesterday afternoon when I was thinking of how versatile the letter 'L' is. I mean 'L' stands for both
Lawliet and Light. 'L' also stands for "lame", "lust", "lounge" and ultimately 'L' also stands for a term often associated with me.. that is, loser. Only little did I know that the same night I was going to be "officially" elled..!

Yup, most of you already know it and those of you who don't .. well, I haven't been selected for NID.
So, the news is out and from now I am not going to crib on being called a loser. Instead, I am going to bow down Japanese style and humbly accept the tag.
.
.


It all happened yesterday night somewhere around 10:00 p.m. I was happily chatting with my long lost buddy, Devika Misra when I suddenly got a call from a coaching friend telling me the NID results were out. Panicky and hyper, I joined my hands and prayed to the Lord to grant me this sole wish [for the first time in the past 6 years] Next you see me sitting with my dad, stuck on the computer screen, typing the site name and finally my roll number only to find out this:

IRA ANAND

Category: GEN
Sorry! You have not qualified for the 2nd Phase of NID Admissions for GDPD 2009-10.

Man, it was written in the most apologetic tone of all that made me wryly mock at myself for being such a mighty loser!
My father who was at that time sitting next to me, moved away without saying anything a normal comforting parent would (I am kinda glad he didn't). And voila, next you see me calling, IMing, scrapping and texting the 'concerned lot' telling them about my result.
.
.
Writing all of it here in my blog and making a public issue out of something I would have rather shared secretly with a friend makes me a drama queen but it's better than staying up all night and staring at the fan run steadily in the room's ceiling.

I always knew I had it in me.. I mean the L Factor but the fact got confirmed in a rather harsh way. Anyway, I would like to admit that the past two years have been amazingly extreme and being the cynical brat that I am, I pretty much enjoyed most of it; including yesterday's long and quiet night. And even though it was such a drag I bet it's one of those nights which I shall forever remember!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ah, feels good to be elled yet again

*laughs like a maniac*

*shoots herself*


~(X_x
)~

7 comments:

  1. okay
    now listen

    let me tell u
    if ur a loser
    im one too
    and let me tell u
    im proud to be one

    so dont u go around say negative crap


    *chokes laughin*
    cmon ira,
    u knw it urself
    it doesnt matter
    nothing matters from now one
    we r at the end of life
    ...........


    yes
    elled for life

    muah my boobless bitch
    i luv u !!!!

    p.s. heard theres a new profile on orkut by the name boobless bitches
    wow
    i so wanna knw who that is !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog = well written

    & as fr de "Loser" Part, hmn..u stil havnt gt de NIFT results,ryt?
    so mebbe(hopefully..!) u 'll gt thru der !

    ReplyDelete
  3. & aftr readin it, realized dat m not de only 1 dealin wid "Rejection" E-mails dese dayz :(

    ..Seems lyk we r in a pretty screwed up-mode of Life atm !-_-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. If u let one lil test fuck up ur morale badly, then and only then are u a loser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!
    thats so elating!!...count me a friend aaj se!

    i so-very-much-really-very-much-so sympathize!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to bump an old post..
    When i saw the title name i thought u were gonna write about "L" Death note, one of the best anime i have seen till date. But it turned out to be little different.
    Would just say we all have been in your shoes, actually i m toh regular.
    But recently have realised that whatever happened is the best that could have happened. And there is no other best way for it to have happened.
    So njy and i live by the quote " Yesterday is history 2mrw is mystery but TODAY is a Gift that is why it is called the present" might also help :) (a quote tat too i heard in the movie kung fu panda" $^_^$

    ReplyDelete