Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Catch Of My Eye

Caution: The following piece of writing is a story about love and could perhaps be interpreted as girlie.



I admit. I was once in love with a guy.
He was the kinds who'd interpret this world as a dark and rotten place to live in. He despised the system but never really bothered to make a difference. He lacked passion. And though he could smell through people's motives, he was a confused bastard who couldn't really differentiate the good from the evil. Fucker, was a failure at academics but somehow always managed to pass English.
*smirks*


Haha, there was this one time when got expelled from his school. Not that he resented it one bit. In fact, he wanted seclusion and got it too! Somehow he didn't wish to go home like most of us would. And it's just my guess but I think he was just running away.. trying to ignore the dead ends he would have to face some day.
*sigh*

And damn what a brat he was.. stubborn and annoying! Retard, left school because he had a fight with his roommate and desperately wanted a break. Man, he had one helluva adventurous time cause the same night he visited a prostitute! But the loser said he wanted to talk to her instead of having sex. I mean what a kid! The bitch asked him for more money and when he refused, he ended up being bashed up thoroughly by her pimp instead!
Poor kid tried to act all brave and matured but I think he was afraid of growing up. I presume he disliked change. And even though he was naive at times I know he was a matured and sensible guy who could reason out well.
Such stark and ironic contrasts to him only added to his subtle charm. What I mean is, I kinda found him cute.

I don't know, man but I guess I was just helplessly falling in for him or something. His brand of honesty is kinda rare these days, ya know. Like for example, he wasn't particularly a caring person but he sure did like his little sister who I think was his only comfort in some regards. And hell, it makes me want to laugh out loud to think the brat thought of his English teacher and confidant as a pervert making sexual advances on him! On second thoughts.. who knows.. I mean the world is kinda unpredictable after all.
*rolls her eyes*
*pauses*
*let's out an inaudible sigh and continues*
This lonely and cynical guy seemed tired from day to day living, and from what I remember of him, I think he thought of himself, or let's say he knew himself to be a loser. I don't remember him admitting it though.
Silly kid, imagined himself as the protector of kids playing in the rye fields.


He is my male equivalent. Holden Caulfied, the catcher in the rye was the catch of my eye.

And even today, reading the shit I wrote, would probably make him go all, "phoney attention seeking bitch" but I don't give a fuck for all I know is that I would just stare at his back as he would walk away after saying those cruel words, trying hard to catch the fleeting glimpse of that image so that it resides in my heart forever.

*sighs*
I was merely lying when I said I was in love.
*mumbles inaudibly*
I guess, I still am.


NOTE
: The above mentioned crap is written just to shut up some people [especially, Devika Misra] who think I have lost touch.

14 comments:

  1. Lol, as soon as I came upon de "runnin away"part, I knw u were talkin of dat "catcher in de rye" guy :D
    ..Thou at 1st I assumed u wud b sayin itz 'Mugen' *rolls her eyes*
    :P
    & I agree wid ye..hez cool *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolllll

    u have lost touch
    i think u were crushin on that guy , who saw u wearing just a curt cobain tee...
    and of course
    those south park dudes

    holden caulfield - awesome guy
    awesome book
    i hid behind haivng read that book after ur brothers blog had put me to shame


    lolllllllllllllllllllllllll

    luv ya
    and must say
    the blogging spirit has caught on....finally

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nishant: And why so!?

    @Sanjukta: Ah well, kissi bahut samajhdaar aadmi ne kaha hai ki "dil kabotar khaana hai, har kissi ka aana-jaana hai!"
    XD

    @Devika: I didn't quite get you. And yup, will try to post random shit every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellently written......great choice of words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. arey
    i meant
    holden was not ur first luv

    they were the dudesssssssss!!!!!!!!!

    death pixie kaun hain behen ??

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Death Pixie: Thanks! ^__^

    @Devil: Ah, I wouldn't like getting into a debate over that :P
    And I don't really know who she is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice..!
    ek hafte se padne ki koshish kar raha hoon...abhi jaa ke mood bana..">_>.

    Anyway...LAGEY RAHO! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. @whom-so-ever-it-may-concern........I AM DEATH PIXIE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^That isn't really the answer to our question but anyway, pleased to see you following my blog Death Pixie! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol
    death pixie

    remember that lil dog tarangini and i hid in the class in 6th ??
    uska naam pixie rakha tha ham logon ne

    @death pixie : no offense - just a lil memory

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Ira.....I like your post, I really do, but then you know, you've got real talent here, I'd hate to see it go waste. I only hope that you could make it more readable for people of all age groups you know. again, NO OFFENSE!!, see, your post really is great, but I'd like to see it a bit edited, it is better once you beep certain things.I'm only saying what is on my mind re...no offense or pun intended..^__^

    @Photogenic Devil...none taken, you can refer to my post about my name if you really want to know why my name is death pixie and such-which....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Must suck real bad for it to be so....
    You have my sympathies!

    P.S.: I wish Yana Gupta was real....
    **hysterical sob**

    ReplyDelete