Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Age English, Typos and Convenient Abbreviations

Orkut is indeed the best place to observe where the world is heading.
LoL?
That's the short for 'laughing out loud'.
And wait, there's just so much more.
If you wish to sound more cool use a LMAO instead which might be interpreted as an exaggerated and cooler version of LoL cause it stands for 'laughing my ass off'.
The 'ass' part of which makes you stand out and look like you're KeWler than the others.
As a result of this you might even get a few friend requests with a (now) default message which reads: 'Hi ___, I wannabe your orkut friend, ___'


Apparently, these cool abbreviations and random typos can lead to some of the most hilarious errors ever.

For example:

I m waiting here, just cum.
Did u receive my testis???


And that's so not it.
Look at your keyboard and see how the 'u', 'i' and 'o' are right next to each other.

Consider a sentence:

I want you to love me written as I want u 2 luv me ultimately turning out to be I want i 2 luv me.
Hmm. Quite a narcissist!



Despite the new age cult of eff-bee(ing) with constant status updates giving us the minute details of dull individuals' boring lives like: I think I should get a haircut, My dad is in the hospital. Plz pray, It's my friend's neighbour's dog's birthday today, our old Orkut continues to flourish with some of the best online disasters ever.

Pick up a random person's scrapbook and see how a plain 'how are you?' is written as 'who r u........???????' Look closely and notice how both time and labour has been saved but don't consider having a closer look or you might just go into a trance if you're some English scholar from eight grade cause dUdez the 'how' has turned into a 'who'.
It's a plain typographical error but when the error is recurring it gets painful.

Like this: Wh R u? i ws ThnKng Og giVn u my tEsTis sO u rEmMbR em evn aftr 4erv. PlZz dUn sAy nO 2 meh Mahnz!!!!!

Anyway, this was just an exercise to let out some frustration but anyone in need for more kewl slang, abbreviations, tips etc. can contact me at: bejinroxxxalwayz@gmail.com



With loyalties intact,
BeJIn HaKumEizz

9 comments:

  1. some ppl , just make those errors while typing ---lol

    and yeah , no matter the level of degradation u thrust upon it , kewl is here to stay !!!

    check my third blog , confessions wala , bfore i kill u

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah,freaks me out too but guess i too make darn typos :P

    d bst is d 'testi' thing..itz alwaz weird wen ppl say that xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is by far you lamest post,EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rishi: All the more reason to hate Bejin.
    XD

    But I just had to write about the 'cum' and the 'testis'.. :P

    ReplyDelete